You can still be at Western even while being remote! Zoom and Teams allow for the use of backgrounds during your video calls and meetings.
How to Use Zoom/Teams Backgrounds
Download the Western backgrounds, Western's First Generation backgrounds, the Alumni backgrounds, the Western Libraries Heritage Resources Collection, or Western’s Athletics backgrounds and save them to your computer. Follow these steps to use backgrounds when in a Zoom or Team meeting.
- Sign in to Zoom.
- Go to “Settings.”
- Select “Virtual Background.”
- Select the desired background image.
- When in a meeting, go to meeting controls and select “More Actions,” then “Apply Background Effects.”
- Choose new image and select desired background image.
- Select “Preview” to see how your chosen background looks before you apply it, then select “Apply.”