Self Education SEO Resources
The Final Word on SEO
Each year, millions of potential students apply to higher education institutions. Considering the amount of traditional brick and mortar colleges and community colleges (not to mention online programs) to choose from, selecting a university with the best programs and opportunities to meet a student's goals is challenging. This is where organic search comes into play.
As the competition between universities increase, more are pursuing organic and paid search tactics and strategies. Optimizing a website for organic search can only help to improve search rankings and visitor traffic.
The crux of the matter is when prospective students or parents search online for the programs Western offers or uses relevant keywords, we want them to find what they are looking for. That is what SEO is all about. And one of the best aspects of SEO is that it doesn’t cost money, just a bit of time.
Search Engine Optimization Self Education Resources
- Neil Patel SEO Training (Video learning)
- Search Engine Optimization: A Beginners Guide from Ahrefs
- MOZ Beginners Guide to SEO
- SEM Rush Academy
- SEO starter guide: Google
- Search Engine Journal: An Introduction to SEO
- Coursera: Introduction to Google SEO
- Search Engine Optimization Tutorial by Simplilearn (Video Learning)
- Creating Engaging and SEO Friendly Content by Search Engine Journal
- SEO Glossary - Ahrefs
- SEO Definitions - MOZ
Tools to simplify language and increase the readability of your content.
Online Image Compression
Online tools to reduce image size.
Additional Learning and Tools
- Watch Advanced Title Tag Optimization for SEO Geeks video for insights on Title Tags
- Why Accessibility Matters for SEO (article)
- AHREFS Free SEO tools
- MOZ Free SEO tools
Monitoring Results and Reporting
Creating Better Content
22 point checklist for high performing articles - Orbit Media Studios
How to Write Content for People and Optimize for Google - Neil Patel
Guide to Creating Content for SEO - WordStream